Monday, September 2, 2013

Camping is cool!

Before we had kids, my husband and I used to go on camping trips just to relax for the weekend.  We have not done that since we got pregnant with our first child.  This summer, now that our youngest is 2, we have decided it was time to introduce our children to what we enjoy.  It was an amazing experience for our entire family.

Being outdoors, experiencing fresh air, picking up sticks, throwing rocks, making fire from scratch, cooking food using "real fire?", eating marshmallows all night, putting up a tent, watching the tall trees around us, going on a recyclable system bathroom, seeing bugs and mushrooms in the wild, playing outdoor games by a bonfire at night, and sleeping in a tent during a thunderstorm !!! ,----this is a full scale sensory overload for our entire family!

I truly believe that families benefit from being closer to nature.  I need not say more about the stress reducing effect this brings to ourselves and especially our children... see photo below.

This was my 2 year old's face during and after our camping experienced.  Ah, life is good.

I've got a million more things to add about our trip, but I don't want to sound like I'm trying to convince people to go.  I think the experience will speak for itself.  Happy camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment